LedaFlow Improvements to Flow Technology (LIFT) is a joint industry project to identify areas for model improvement and ensure the industrial functionality and quality for LedaFlow. Managed by KDI with support by SINTEF for experimentation and code improvements the project has entered its second phase (LIFT II) with six operator partners: Chevron, ConocoPhilips, ENI, Lundin, Total and Woodside.
Contributors and main achievements
LIFT I (2013-2016)
Contributors: Chevron, ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil, Shell, Statoil, Total, Woodside
- Experimental campaign to collect data on the Joule-Thompson effect in thermal valves.
- Improvement of annular interface friction model at low liquid hold-ups.
- Implementation of a new flow regime, churn flow.
- Implementation of a new framework for user defined functions (UDF).
- Introduction of a slip correction in the hydrodynamic model.
- Validation and improvement of LedaFlow’s thermal model against experimental data (temperature for each phase).
LIFT II (2016-2019)
Contributors: Chevron, ConocoPhillips, ENI, Lundin, Total, Woodside
On-going project. Stay tuned!
LIFT III (2019-2021)
Interested in joining the third phase of the LIFT project? Please contact us!